Jul 18

If you’re looking for The Big Reveal (one questions, many writers),
scroll down or click here.

Falling For Fiction

Thank you to the ladies at Falling For Fiction for hosting this bloghop. Day two is the hangers—the last line of the first 3 chapters of my current WIP.

The Proper Way to Say Goodbye is a contemporary young adult novel.

When Chloe starts college, she keeps her true self hidden. Nobody knows that she is gay, or that her brother killed himself a month before school started. But when she discovers the shocking truth behind her brother’s suicide, she begins to realize that hiding your secrets only leads to more pain.

Hangers from the first 3 chapters.

1. Why couldn’t I make up my mind?

2. I floated back to the dorms.

3. I would be home with Mom for the next two days, and I wanted to enjoy my time now, because this weekend would suck.

26 Responses to “Hookers and Hangers – Day 2”

1. Kyra Lennon says:

Ooh, I really like the first one!

2. Nick Wilford says:

Yeah, I like the first one too. Makes me want to know more!

3. Danielle B. says:

Great Hangers! I know the feeling of #3!

4. Jade Hart says:

Love them all. And I haven’t emailed yet – life got hectic. But I wanted to say I LOVE your title, and no it isn’t too long. I think it sums up Chloe and her story perfectly. Brilliant.

Nice job! These are great. :)

6. Great hangers. I can relate to #3. :)

7. I’d go with #1 as well. I’d want to know what happens next.

8. Jeannette says:

#1 is most intriguing for me!

9. Kim K says:

Suzi, great hangers and LOVE the title!!! It’s perfect :)

10. I like the spunk. I can hear the voice loud and clear, especially in #3.

11. Cindy says:

Stopping by to read your endings. I love all of them. Enjoyed reading your posting.

12. I still loved your hookers, and your hangers did not disappoint! Awesome job! Your novel sounds amazing.

13. Good ones! #3 really keeps me hanging!

14. These play off of one another very well! I feel like I’m seeing her ups and downs already. I loved #3 especially!

15. I said this in the Hookers post already, but I love the tone/voice of this story. I would definitely read it :)

16. Awesome! Really love your voice. Especially in #3!

17. Jenny Morris says:

Great hangers. #3 makes me wonder why her weekend is going to suck. And I like the way you said floated in #2 instead of walked, it really shows her mood.

Thanks for participating!!

18. Trisha says:

Well, I already wanted to know more from your pitch – love it!

I think my favourite line is #2, but I do like them all!

19. Totally feeling the YA in these hangers:) Love them!

20. Yes, I’ve felt like #2 and #3 before. Well done, Suzi!

21. All three are great Suzi. My choice out of the three – #2
    Hey correct me if I am wrong, but did you just offer to Beta my writing on another blog?

22. These are great and the voice shines through. #3 is my favorite.

23. Jolene says:

I love that you even get a sense of the voice in #3.

Well done :-D

24. tara tyler says:

those are awesome! they are equally tempting! great job!

25. Cassie Mae says:

Awesome, Suzi! Love them all, can’t choose a fav. :)

26. Kelley Lynn says:

I take it her and mom really don’t get along…. Nice hangers!